Padma Bridge details (A to Z). Padma Bridge Full MCQ Preparation for BCS And Job Exam. Padma Bridge is a multipurpose road-rail bridge across the Padma River in Bangladesh. The bridge is under construction now. It will connect Louhajong, Munshiganj to Shariatpur and Madaripur. It will be linking the south-west of the country to the northern and eastern regions. Padma Bridge is the most challenging construction project in the history of Bangladesh. So, its importance in the history of Bangladesh is beyond words. Majority job questions contain question on the padma bridge. So, we have tried to give a overlook of the bridge here. We have attached some images to make you understand easily.
Padma Bridge Full MCQ Preparation for BCS And Job Exam
Padma Bridge is the most challenging construction project in Bangladesh. The two-level steel truss bridge will carry a four-lane highway on the upper level and a single track railway on a lower level. With 150 m span, 6150 m total length and 18.10 m width it is going to be the largest bridge in the Padma-Brahmaputra-Meghna river basins of country in terms of both span and the total length.
Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project:
The project covers three districts —Munshiganj (Mawa Point/North bank), Shariatpur and Madaripur (Janjira/South bank). The total area of land to be acquired and required for its components is 918 hectares. The requisition of land for the construction yard will be for six years on a rental basis. As per the new design, an additional 144.04 ha has been identified for acquisition, bringing the total to 1062.14 hectares. This additional land is required because project site lost significant land due to erosion, for transition structures and due to a change in railway alignment.
Padma bridge Details (Technical)
- Total 41nos.
- 2 transition pier at landward ends and
- 40 Center pier
- 150 m each Composite Superstructure (Warren type Steel Truss Girder and Concrete on Upper Deck)
· 41*150=6150 m = 6.150 km.Total 7 Nos Module:
- 6 span in each 6 module
- 5 span in one module
- · Racked (Inclined at 1H:6V) Steel Tubular driven pile
- 6 Nos. In each pier
- Pile Diameter = 3m
- Pile Length = 128m
- Total number of pile in Main Bridge:
- Steel Pile = 40*6 = 240 nos
- vertical bored concrete pile = 2×16 = 32 nos (upto 80m depth)
- · 22 m wide concrete deck slab (2.5 m hard shoulder on the both side)
- 4 Lane road
- Single Track Dual Gauge Rail
- 6 m
- 30 m
- Mawa End (North Bank): 19+20 = 39 span; Length = 1478.03m
- Janjira End (South Bank): 23+19 = 42 span; Length = 1670.03m
- Total Road Viaduct: 81 span; Total Length= 3148.06m.
- Mawa End and Janjira End: 7+7 = 14 span; Length = 532m
- 760mm dia Gas Transmission Line
- 150mm dia Fiber optical & Telephone Duct
- 7 nos High voltage Electric Line Platform in River over Pile Foundation at 2km downstream of Main Bridge.
Padma Bridge At a Glance:
Component of the project :
- Main Bridge
- River Training Works(RTW)
- Janjira Approach Road & Selected Bridge End Facilities
- Mawa Approach Road & Selected Bridge End Facilities
- Service Area-2
- Land Acquisition
- CSC(Main Bridge & RTW)
- CSC(Approach Roads & Service Area-2)
- Engineering Support & Safety Team(ESST)
Padma Bridge Full MCQ Preparation
Padma Multipurpose Bridge Design Team :
The detailed design of the Padma Multipurpose Bridge is being delivered by a team of international and national consultants headed by AECOM. The team comprises AECOM, SMEC International, Northwest Hydraulic Consultants and ACE Consultants, with additional assistance from Aas-Jakobsen and HR Wallingford. The Project comprises two phases. Phase 1 of the Project includes the Design Phase leading through procurement action to the award of construction contracts. Phase 2 is the Construction Phase. Detailed design of the main bridge was carried out in AECOM’s Hong Kong office. All work carried out by the design team was carried out within the framework of AECOM’s Quality Management System (QMS) which is independently accredited to AS/NZS ISO 9001.