Guidelines For VIVA Voce Exam-BCS or Job Interview guidance. 37th BCS Viva is going on. Besides, there are bank and other job viva in every month. Some easy technique can create a good impression about you. Let’s learn about viva and how to face viva to succeed in any job.
“According to Wikipedia, The oral exam (also oral test or viva voce; Rigorosum in German-speaking nations) is a practice in many schools and disciplines in which an examiner poses questions to the student in spoken form. The student has to answer the question in such a way as to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the subject to pass the exam. The oral exam also helps reduce (although it does not eliminate) the risk of granting a degree to a candidate who has had the thesis or dissertation ghostwritten by an expert.”
Guidelines For VIVA Voce Exam – BCS & Other Jobs
- In job viva, if the viva board asks you question in English, you should reply it in English. Never seek permission to reply your question in Bangla. You have to be well prepared to reply your questions any way they ask. Now, English is used mostly in many offices. You may not need to use English all the time. Yet, the recruiter may justify your skill in English. Sometimes, the job circular mentions the requirement of efficiency in English.
- The BCS candidates should have clear idea about their first and second cadre choice. You must be well aware about current incidents (local and global), Bangladesh’s Freedom war, about the national leader of Bangladesh. You must also know about the famous things of your home area, about the famous persons of your area and your university (সাম্প্রতিক নানান ইস্যু, বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিবুর রহমান, মুক্তিযুদ্ধ, আপনার এলাকা, বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় ও সেখানকার বিখ্যাত ব্যক্তিত্ব ইত্যাদি সম্পর্কে আইডিয়া রাখুন).
- There are many marks in open – ended questions. A common you face is Introduce yourself. Click here to know detail about the answer of Introduce yourself. Try to present your answer differently.
- Say Salam gently when you enter in your viva room. Be a good listener. Avoid arguments. If you don’t know answer of any question, say it gently. Don’t be nervous. Attemt every question confidently.
- You must express yourself positively. Tell positive about your family, your previous job (if any) and other asked questions. Don’t express your depression about any issue.
- Don’t do something that may disturb your viva board. Maintain eye contact with the interviwer.
- Majority interviewer asks to relate your academic background with your choice of job. Take a good preparation on that. If your academic result is not very good, don’t be nervous for that. A good academic background can never give you job if you lack communication competency. If the interviewer is impressed in your viva, your job is confirmed.
- Your attire in job viva must be formal. Your dress speaks on your behalf. Candidates can wear religious dress as well.
- To know everything is just impossible. So, I you are confused about some question, reply it confidently. But if you don’t know anything about any issue, avoid that.
- Try to escape political questions. Control your temper in any circumstances in the viva.
- Keep a clear idea about your hobby.
- Self confidence is the thing that can make you successful in job viva. Think yourself that you are the best. Keep the confidence that the job is waiting for you. Your confidence will make you winner.
Below is some frequently asked questions:
Important tips for VIVA Voce
Viva-voce is very important for any kind of jobs it may any private company jobs or govt. services. This is the final steps for the examinees to get a job. So do not neglect any viva or interview. Actually, In a word,we can say that Viva voce is a bug-bear to the majority of students and interviewers.It is true that the questions to be asked are uncertain in a Viva board and the examiners have to the right to ask you any question. It is to be Noted that answering each and every question is impossible in the viva or interview.The candidate should keep in mind that the examiners are human being not machine and most of them have genuine feelings or sympathy for you. Another important issue is that they are not appointed to terrify you by terrible questions or appearances. They simply judge your awareness of the subject and want to know how you are fitted.
VIVA or Interview Tips for Private and Govt Job
All candidate should remember that viva board is not a tiger that eat you. So don’t be afraid of VIVA or interview. Be smart but never smarter,Be courageous but not audacious in a viva board. You should have confidence in you to get success in a viva.