ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Bangladeshi Students. The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was formed in 1988. The Government of Japan financed it. Its purpose is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries. They want the students of developing countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields in the institutions of the Asian and Pacific Region.
Under the scholarship, the students of Bangladeshi will be able to study in any Asian countries including China, Japan. The government of Japan will arrange the accommodation of the students along with medicine and journey allowances. The scholars are expected to add to the economic and social development of their home countries after completing their study. Students may get one year Master degree in any country in Asia under this scholarship.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Bangladeshi Students:
The scholarship is for one year with an annex to the second year of study which shall be conditional on the scholar’s maintaining a pleasing level of performance as determined by the institute. The utmost duration of scholarship is two years for masters and doctorate programs.
- Citizens of ADB borrowing member countries with good health are eligible for the scholarship. To know the list of current developing member countries visit ADB borrowing member countries.
- Bachelor or its equivalent degree with superior academic record with minimum two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application is required to apply.
- English communication skills to be able to pursue studies are required;
- Age not more than 35 years old at the time of application but for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Applicants should agree to come back to their home country after completion of studies.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the above-mentioned are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship. Staffs of JSP-designated institutions can not apply for their own institution. Applicants living or working in a foreign country are not eligible for scholarships.
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program will cover Full tuition fees; Airfare from the scholar’s home country to host country; Basic cost of living along with Health and medical insurance in host country; Airfare from host country to the scholar’s home country after the completion of study; For research scholars, a special grant may be available for preparing thesis.
Applicants should collect information and application forms from the Academic Institutions which he or she prefers. To know more about the Academic Institutions click here. Interested applicants should point out the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that the way they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed application form with required documents including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form should be submitted to the academic institution. Applicants must submit accurate and complete documents. Applicants have to submit their latest Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual/Monthly Salary and a Certification of Family (Parent’s) Income.
To know more visit: ADB-Japan Scholarship Program.