English Teacher at The British Council
Deadline: April 19, 2015
British Council invites applications for the position of Hourly paid Teacher of English.
- Have a CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English, Cambridge or Trinity),
- A first class degree/or equivalent which may be waived in case of otherwise highly qualified candidates.
- Native-level or near native-level mastery of English across all four skills;
- Have the right to live and work in Bangladesh.
Experience: Have at least one of the following experience (post CELTA): Experience of teaching adult general English courses for more than 800 hours/Corporate English courses for more than 800 hours/Young learner courses for more than 200 hours.
- Teach English to British Council students in any centre of The British Counsil in Bangladesh;
- Actively participate in and contribute to learning and development;
- Carry out various non-teaching administrative tasks;
- Follow on published timetables;
- Plan and manage curriculum objectives;
- Give regular feedback to teachers’ and other stakeholders.
- Tk 800 to 1400 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience;
- Professional development opportunities together with experience of working in an international organization.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Interested candidates are requested to apply through the Jobs portal of British Council, Teacher of English, Hourly Paid. Candidates need to attach most recent IELTS certificate with application.